Through this section we offer you specific information on credit recognition if you are going to study a Design Degree or a Career in Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Property.
Royal Decree 1618/2011, of November 14th, on the recognition of studies in the field of Higher Education, establishes the regime of recognition of studies among the different teachings that constitute higher education. For its part, the Order of October 16th, 2012, which establishes the ordering of evaluation of the learning process of students of higher artistic education, regulates the system of recognition and credit transfer of these teachings. Finally, the Credit Recognition procedure is regulated by the Instruction of June 18th, 2014.
Who can apply for Credit Recognition?
Credits may be granted to those ESADA students who, having completed their enrollment during the current course, are in the following circumstances:
- Transfer of files between autonomous communities to continue the same studies.
- Access to a new specialty of the same Degree.
- Credits coming from studies belonging to a different specialty within the same teaching and studies regulated under the Organic Law 1/1990, of October 3rd, General Management of the Educational System.
Credits may also be awarded to students who have completed:
- The degrees of university masters and masters in higher artistic teachings.
- Graduate degrees.
- Higher degrees in artistic studies.
- The degrees of superior technician of plastic arts and design.
- The degrees of senior technical vocational training.
- The degrees of superior sports technician.
In these last cases, the application will be studied and resolved by the General Secretariat of Education of the Junta de Andalucía.
In case of having undergraduate studies, a minimum of 36 ECTS credits will be recognized and for the CFGS of Visual Arts and Design, 30 ECTS Credits.
Background Degrees in Design
The Junta de Andalucía, in its instruction of June 18th, 2014, publishes tables of informative and non-binding correspondence between official Spanish higher education qualifications.