BA Fashion Design
"Fashion is culture" The degree in Fashion Design opens the doors to a sector that apart from creative is so much more, always in evolution and that is growing nationally and in internationally.
We offer a strong training in order to enable students to face the challenges posed by the fashion industry today.
The Fashion Design students at ESADA work complete processes. First they define the identity and image of the brand or project; then they work in the design and fulfillment of a collection, and finally, they develop all the communication and distribution strategies.
The training courses go through Prêt-à-porter, Haute Couture, Accessories, Communication and Styling. They are also complemented by workshops, intensive workshops and real projects, where the students have direct contact with professionals of the sector, this approach generates a very real and practical work environment.
The academic program of ESADA puts in value the professional development of the student through real projects. In this way, the student will develop his creative profile and will be able to work and collaborate with real brands as well as with active professionals in the fashion sector.
Regarding job projection, students will be fully prepared after completing the degree to continue their development and training in companies and brands or creating their own firms.
ESADA is focused in the job placement of our students. Our students participate in different fashion design competitions, where the students' talent is recognised. With this we help to put into practice what was learned and from the beginning the students know the functioning of the labor market. Thanks to hard work, we are very proud to say that the students of ESADA have been awarded in many national and international competitions.
We organize presentation events and catwalks to accustom our students to work in a real environment, with their collections they learn to work in a team, and to focus on communicating their projects.
Purity, intense emotions. It is not about design, it is about feelings
María Dolores GutiérrezHistory
Myrta LavesaScientific Foundations
Evelin MartínezPattern and sewing workshop
Raquel NofuentesHistory of clothing
Fernando Ortega CamachoRepresentation systems
Adelina Ruz HitaOrientation and Professional placement
The students of ESADA can enjoy the services of Orientation and Guidance from the start, to focus from the beginning what their interests are and to perform internships from the second year. They will also work on their job placement as a graduate.
ESADA has an international approach, therefore a language improvement program is included within the training of students, which includes weekly classes of foreign language throughout the four years of the degree.
The students of ESADA are accompanied by a mentor who will accompany them through their learning process and that will help them to achieve their maximum potential.
SCHOOL OF DESIGN
ESADA is the only design school in Andalusia that offers the four design specialties (Graphic, Interiors, Product and Fashion), allowing students to develop in a multidisciplinary environment. This way students acquire a global vision of the design process and fosters them to establish collaborations that enrich their training process.
Studying Fashion Design in Granada has the advantage of being in contact with a vibrant and international city. In Granada you will find a unique blend of:
- Historical buildings and historic environments part of the world heritage like the Alhambra or the Muslim neighbourhood.
- A multicultural and international city, where you can enjoy a wide cultural offer (concerts, art museums, exhibitions, etc ...)
- A privileged natural environment where you can enjoy the ski resort or the Mediterranean coast, both are half an hour away from the city.
So if you still do not know where to study fashion design ESADA is your choice!
The Higher Studies of Design offer qualified training in the field of design. Our students will be capable of understanding, defining and optimizing the products and services of the design in its different domains. They will also be able to master the scientific, humanistic, technological and artistic knowledge and the methods and procedures associated with them as well as generating values of artistic, cultural, social and environmental significance, in response to the social and technological changes that are taking place.
The regulations that develop the Higher Degree of Design in the specialty of Fashion Design establishes a series of Specific Competences that the students must acquire, such as:
- Generate creative proposals of fashion design and apparel appropriate to the material, functional, aesthetic and communicative conditionings of the work assumptions.
- Conceive and materialize fashion and apparel design projects that integrate the formal, material, technical, functional, communicative and realization aspects.
- To know the characteristics, properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different areas of fashion design and apparel.
- To know the machinery and the production processes of the sectors related to the design of fashion and clothing.
- Adapt the methodology and the design proposals to the technological and industrial evolution of the sector.
- To base the creative process on research, methodological and aesthetic strategies.
- Interrelate formal and symbolic languages with specific functionality.
- To solve the aesthetic, functional, technical and realization problems that arise during the development and execution of the project.
- Analyse market studies and their impact on the development of new products and collections.
- To know the technological resources of communication and its applications to the design of fashion and clothing.
- Mastering the specific digital technology related to the development and execution of projects of fashion design and apparel.
At ESADA students are trained with a multidisciplinary approach, essential in professional development and with the ability to excel in an increasingly complex work environment.
With this degree, you will be able to work in different fields such as:
- Fashion Design
- Textile designer
- Accessory Designer
- Creative director
- Responsible for fashion communication
- Theatrical / Movie Costume Design
- Tailor made design and tailoring
- Coolhunter - Trend Research
- Theatrical and cinematographic costumes
- Design of complements
- Business management of creative activities
- Customized or corporate designs
- Tailor-made tailoring
- Design, research and development of new concepts, materials, applications and products
- Research and teaching
ESADA, being a private centre, is not in charge of conducting access tests; this is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Andalucía.
For each call, June and September, the School will prepare a course to meet the needs to access these studies.
The access tests are divided in three different exercises. The first two develop during the first day of the call for tests and the third during the second day. Exercise 1 has a value on the final grade of 50% while the remaining two add up to 25% each, without having to approve the three parts to pass the exam.
Academic Fees and Scholarships
As students of an official degree, you have the right to apply for the scholarships of the Ministry of Education for post-compulsory studies, as well as those of the Regional Ministry of Education (ADRIANO). In addition, as a novelty, this year ESADA offers own scholarships to academic performance, which will be a bonus of 50% of the amount of tuition during the four years of training, for the best high school records.
Being studies within the European Space of Higher Education, it is possible to choose the Erasmus + Scholarships both to study abroad and to do international internships.