With this Official Master’s Degree in Videogame Design, you will be trained in the main skills through the work in applied projects, backed by experienced professionals in the industry. You will improve your interdisciplinary communication and collaboration skills through teamwork with students and professionals from other areas of videogame development.
ESADA’s Master’s Degree in videogame creation is the first official master on this subject taught in Andalusia. It is an opportunity to apply technologies and development practices in their own projects under the guidance and mentoring of professionals in the industry who will train you in professional skills and relevant knowledge in order to practice a certain role within a development study or even train your own.
The objective of the Official Master’s Degree in Videogame Design is to turn graduates into qualified professionals, placing them in development teams, with visible objectives and results in relevant projects to the industry.
The Final Project of the Master will consist of the development of a videogame as a complete product with the support of students from other degrees: Graphic Design and Product Design.
In order to achieve the educational objectives that we set, we will provide the student a quality teaching and learning environment, with different methods focused on the acquisition of different types of learning that lead, not only to the acquisition of different skills, but also make them achieve attitude and values.
- Conceptualization and evaluation of the person-machine interaction of products, systems, applications and computer services in the field of videogames.
- Full management and planning of softaware projects and use of design methodologies, as well as planning and modeling tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of the organization and roles that form a video games company. Information management, the one obtained in the master’s dregree as well as oneself autonomy to execute those roles.
- Ability to generate and analyze expressive and narrative resources applied to audiovisual discourses, with special emphasis in multimedia, hypermedia and video games.
- Ability to make the artistic aspecto of the game, create characters and atmospheres in 2D and 3D, as well as its subsequent animation.
- Understanding and knowledge of the basic concepts about the general laws of the classic mechanics of video games and their application in the resolution of problems related to their development.
- Knowledge of the structure, organization, functioning and interconnection of computer systems, their programming basis and their application in the resolution of problems related to the video games development. Recognize the operating system function and the development kits for mobile devices and video games platforms.
- You will have the ability to understand the video game within a context at the time of its design and, also, you will know how to choose the best strategy for its creation keeping in mind all the elements involved in the process.
- Ability to design and evaluate person-device interfaces that guarantee the accessibility and usability to the computer systems, services and applications.
- You will be able to apply development principles and methods to model, design and develop applications, intelligence systems and knowledge-based systems.
- You will handle the basic principles of sound production in the field of video games and have a good command of professional tools related to it.
Academic Fees and Scholarships
3900 €Per Year
The fees include the amount for the reservation spot and, where appropiate, the training complements course.
Those who do not meet the requirements may take the Master on their own. In that case, the Master’s fees have a cost of 3500€ and, after completing the training, they will obtain a certificate issued by the school.
As students of an official degree, you will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships given by the Ministry of Education for post-compulsory Master’s Degree studies.