BA Graphic Design
Graphic design is everywhere around us. Being aware that someone shapes all those messages to communicate with us is the first step when you want to want to become "story creator" that may reach everyone. Each project is a challenge that lets us develop our ability to communicate through images, fonts, illustrations, videos... the only limit is your creativity.
Continuous technological evolution and new media have created an enormous field of action for the graphic designer. We live in a society with a great demand and consumption of graphic and visual communication, so if you want to be part of this world, studying Graphic Design is the best option.
In Andalusia, the studies of Graphic Design have not been officially regulated until recent times. This programme is conceived to train professionals capable of devising new forms of communication thus transmitting ideas and values through the visual language.
At ESADA you can study the Official Degree of Graphic Design, this is a degree from the Ministry of Education equivalent to all effects to a University Degree. These studies are within the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and therefore have international validity.
Our innovative methodology of Project-Based Learning (PBL) aims to bring professionals with a critical and analytical mindset, capable of developing a project from beginning to end, work in a team in a fluid way and to defend their ideas and their creations through the exhibition of their proposals. We offer a meaningful learning process; therefore, our students are able to manage their knowledge autonomously and professionally. Integrated projects are a fundamental tool because it gathers all subjects in a common purpose.
All projects have been designed so that the students acquire progressively all the necessary skills to be amazing graphic designer.
We complement our teaching at ESADA with conferences of professionals of recognized prestige in the sector and representative bodies of the cultural and mercantile sector that bring us closer to the real world of the design.
The Higher Studies of Design offer qualified training in the field of design. Our students will be capable of understanding, defining and optimizing the products and services of the design in its different domains. They will also be able to master the scientific, humanistic, technological and artistic knowledge and the methods and procedures associated with them as well as generating values of artistic, cultural, social and environmental significance, in response to the social and technological changes that are taking place.
The regulations that develop the Higher Degree of Design in the specialty of Graphic Design establishes a series of Specific Competences that the students must acquire, such as:
- Generate, develop and materialise ideas, concepts and images for complex communicative programs.
- Master the formal resources of expression and visual communication.
- Understand and use the ability of significance graphic language.
- To master the procedures of creation of communicative codes.
- Establish organizational structures of information.
- Interrelate formal and symbolic languages with specific functionality.
- Determine and, where appropriate, create typographic solutions appropriate to the project objectives.
- Know the channels that serve as support for visual communication and use them according to the communicational objectives of the project.
- To analyse the behaviour of the receivers of the communicational process in function of the objectives of the project.
- Apply methods of verifying communicative effectiveness.
- Master the technological resources of visual communication.
- Master digital technology for the treatment of images, texts and sounds.
- Know the economic, social, cultural and historical context in which graphic design is developed.
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework that regulates professional activity, occupational health and safety, and intellectual and industrial property.
- To emphasize the positive social influence of design, to evaluate its impact on the improvement of the quality of life and the environment and its capacity to generate identity, innovation and quality in production.
The graphic designer is a creator whose activity is to use the graphic language to generate messages and communicate content of different nature with different media and for the different communication channels. The main areas where it develops its activity are:
- Corporate and visual identity
- Editorial design
- Graphic production
- Design of containers and packaging
- Art direction in advertising
- Audio-visual design
- Graphics on television
- Multimedia design
- Interaction design, web design
- Environmental: graphic and communications applied to space
- Design of didactic material
- Research and teaching
ESADA, being a private centre, is not in charge of conducting access tests; this is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Andalucía.
For each call, June and September, the School will prepare a course to meet the needs to access these studies.
The access tests are divided in three different exercises. The first two develop during the first day of the call for tests and the third during the second day. Exercise 1 has a value on the final grade of 50% while the remaining two add up to 25% each, without having to approve the three parts to pass the exam.
Academic Fees and Scholarships
2988 €Per Year
As students of an official degree, you have the right to apply for the scholarships of the Ministry of Education for post-compulsory studies, as well as those of the Regional Ministry of Education (ADRIANO).
Being studies within the European Space of Higher Education, it is possible to choose the Erasmus + Scholarships both to study abroad and to do international internships.