We offer a strong training in order to enable students to face the challenges posed by the fashion industry today.
The Fashion Design students at ESADA work complete processes. First they define the identity and image of the brand or project; then they work in the design and fulfillment of a collection, and finally, they develop all the communication and distribution strategies.
The training courses go through Prêt-à-porter, Haute Couture, Accessories, Communication and Styling. They are also complemented by workshops, intensive workshops and real projects, where the students have direct contact with professionals of the sector, this approach generates a very real and practical work environment.
The academic program of ESADA puts in value the professional development of the student through real projects. In this way, the student will develop his creative profile and will be able to work and collaborate with real brands as well as with active professionals in the fashion sector.
Regarding job projection, students will be fully prepared after completing the degree to continue their development and training in companies and brands or creating their own firms.
ESADA is focused in the job placement of our students. Our students participate in different fashion design competitions, where the students' talent is recognised. With this we help to put into practice what was learned and from the beginning the students know the functioning of the labor market. Thanks to hard work, we are very proud to say that the students of ESADA have been awarded in many national and international competitions.
We organize presentation events and catwalks to accustom our students to work in a real environment, with their collections they learn to work in a team, and to focus on communicating their projects.
Purity, intense emotions. It is not about design, it is about feelings
The Higher Studies of Design offer qualified training in the field of design. Our students will be capable of understanding, defining and optimizing the products and services of the design in its different domains. They will also be able to master the scientific, humanistic, technological and artistic knowledge and the methods and procedures associated with them as well as generating values of artistic, cultural, social and environmental significance, in response to the social and technological changes that are taking place.
The regulations that develop the Higher Degree of Design in the specialty of Fashion Design establishes a series of Specific Competences that the students must acquire, such as:
- Generate creative proposals of fashion design and apparel appropriate to the material, functional, aesthetic and communicative conditionings of the work assumptions.
- Conceive and materialize fashion and apparel design projects that integrate the formal, material, technical, functional, communicative and realization aspects.
- To know the characteristics, properties and behaviour of the materials used in the different areas of fashion design and apparel.
- To know the machinery and the production processes of the sectors related to the design of fashion and clothing.
- Adapt the methodology and the design proposals to the technological and industrial evolution of the sector.
- To base the creative process on research, methodological and aesthetic strategies.
- Interrelate formal and symbolic languages with specific functionality.
- To solve the aesthetic, functional, technical and realization problems that arise during the development and execution of the project.
- Analyse market studies and their impact on the development of new products and collections.
- To know the technological resources of communication and its applications to the design of fashion and clothing.
- Mastering the specific digital technology related to the development and execution of projects of fashion design and apparel.
At ESADA students are trained with a multidisciplinary approach, essential in professional development and with the ability to excel in an increasingly complex work environment.
With this degree, you will be able to work in different fields such as:
- Fashion Design
- Textile designer
- Accessory Designer
- Creative director
- Responsible for fashion communication
- Theatrical / Movie Costume Design
- Tailor made design and tailoring
- Coolhunter - Trend Research
- Theatrical and cinematographic costumes
- Design of complements
- Business management of creative activities
- Customized or corporate designs
- Tailor-made tailoring
- Design, research and development of new concepts, materials, applications and products
- Research and teaching
ESADA, being a private centre, is not in charge of conducting access tests; this is the responsibility of the Ministry of Education of the Junta de Andalucía.
For each call, June and September, the School will prepare a course to meet the needs to access these studies.
The access tests are divided in three different exercises. The first two develop during the first day of the call for tests and the third during the second day. Exercise 1 has a value on the final grade of 50% while the remaining two add up to 25% each, without having to approve the three parts to pass the exam.
Academic Fees and Scholarships
3060 €Per Year
As students of an official degree, you have the right to apply for the scholarships of the Ministry of Education for post-compulsory studies, as well as those of the Regional Ministry of Education (ADRIANO).
Being studies within the European Space of Higher Education, it is possible to choose the Erasmus + Scholarships both to study abroad and to do international internships.
No, no es necesario saber coser antes de acceder a estos estudios. En todos los cursos hay asignaturas de patronaje y confección en las que irás aprendiendo a coser.
Si quieres estudiar Diseño de Moda necesitarás, entre algunas otras cosas, una máquina de coser. En ESADA dispondrás de máquinas durante las clases, pero cuando trabajes desde casa necesitarás una básica para seguir con tu trabajo.
Además, para el desarrollo de los proyectos necesitarás contar con el material necesario; telas, hilos, reglas, ... etc.