Master in Interior Design in Historic Buildings
The programme is specially designed to continue your studies of Interior Design, although it is accessible from other disciplines and it is open to a wide range of professionals. In accordance with the principles of the European Higher Education Area. Along the programme, Project Based Learning Methodology is used. Learning and Evaluation focused on Adaptive Reuse projects.
The academic director of the Master is Kate Ainslie Williams (MScHistoricConservation, Oxford Brookes University, and external member of the Advisory Panel to Interior Design Department of American Intercontinental University). And other international and national academic and professional teachers.
The learning achievements, a true pillar of the European Higher Education Area, not only inform the student but because of their simplicity of writing they also give information to the employer and the rest of society.
When the student successfully completes this programme, he will be able to:
- Prepare the products of an interior design project: design schemes and models, drawings and documents adapted to the specific context of historic buildings in a manner adjusted to the standard and level of protection.
- Recognize the elements of an interior design project in historic buildings, for which it would be necessary to count on the participation of other professionals.
- Produce interior designs in which traditional techniques and materials are applied or, where appropriate, equivalent contemporaries characterized by their sustainability and respect to the cultural values of the building.
- Create interior designs for residential, commercial, exhibition-museum, spaces for events in historical buildings.
- To plan interdisciplinary projects of interior design in historical buildings in all its phases making use of international standards of integrated management of projects applicable in this sector.
- Select for your supply products marked by sustainability suitable for inclusion in interior designs of historic buildings. Including in the products the materials, furniture, textiles and any other element of the interior design in the historical context.
- Analyse the practices of reference professionals in the design of interiors in historic buildings in relation to emerging trends in this context.
- To estimate the importance of the rehabilitation of interiors and the adaptive use of historical buildings in the communities where they are inserted, in their economic, social, environmental and innovation aspects.
- Interior designer specialized in Historiric Buildings.
- Adaptative Reuse solutions consultant.
- Project manager: design, supply and execution.
- Professional practice as freelance or working for a sectorial enterprise.
The program is specially designed to continue your studies of Interior Design, although it is accessible from other disciplines and is open to a wide range of professionals, which can give the student the direct experience with the collaboration of the real practice.
Academic Fees and Scholarships
As students of an official master programme, you will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships from the Ministry of Education for post-compulsory studies.